Atlantik-Brücke, Germany’s premiere private, nonpartisan organization dedicated to strengthening transatlantic relations, is seeking candidates to participate in the XXXII German-American Young Leaders Conference, which will be held in Hamburg, Germany, from August 22 to 27, 2009.
Since 1972 the German-American Young Leaders Conference series has brought together a select group of talented young Germans and Americans for five days of lectures, discussions, role-playing workshops, socializing and network building. There is a long list of alumni of this highly acclaimed program who today occupy key positions in the public and private sectors of both countries. Alumni chapters in major German and American cities meet frequently to discuss current topics that affect the transatlantic partnership, thereby perpetuating the impact of the annual conferences.
Hosted by | Atlantik-Brücke e.V., Berlin, Germany
Participants | 25 Germans and 25 Americans with career backgrounds in business, politics and government, media, academia, and culture.
- Interest in economic, political, and societal issues.
- Record of career achievement and potential for assuming leadership positions.
- Excellent knowledge of English language.
- To give highly qualified German and American young professionals the chance to discuss problems and issues affecting the United States and Germany/Europe.
- To strengthen bilateral professional and personal contacts among young Germans and Americans.
Discussion topics | Foreign policy, security policy, economic policy, international economic relations, domestic policy.
For more information, please visit www.atlantik-bruecke.org